Friday, December 16, 2011

Have Some Nilk, Santa - and Other December Calligraphy

I recently found this old note to Santa that my boys had written when they were little. Santa stopped in his busy present-leaving to eat the cookies, drink the milk and leave a thank you note. Good Santa!


A recent project from two angles. Though I do more Ornamental script and copperplate these days than anything else, I taught this style of lettering for many years, and am glad to know it's still 'there'.


A favor for a friend.

The countdown to Christmas continues. I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays, feeling the joy and peace of the season, and looking forward to a wonderful new year.

2 comments:

  1. framing the Santa letter is a wonderful way to preserve the memories. And of course the lettering you do is amazing, makes everything look elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the note for Santa. :) Beautiful work, Jan! I love to do broad edge but rarely get the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete