Friday, September 16, 2011

Albi France

Albi was one of the cities we visited on our recent trip to France. Here are some of my photos of Albi, including typical sights, views from the bridges, the Toulouse Lautrec Museum (he was born here) and the fabulous Cathédrale Sainte-Cécile.

I caught these two nicely dressed cyclists going about their business.


Here are some views from one of the trio of bridges (that I could see) as we walked into the old part of the city. The first sign of something worth seeing was this line of photographers on the bridge.





Careful! Don't try to drive down the steps!


Funny animals in a store window...I don't think it had a thing to do with toys.


I spotted this hurdy-gurdy man at a sidewalk cafe near the Lautrec Museum and the cathedral.

Between the Lautrec Museum and the Cathedral.

This garden maze was visible outside and through the windows in the museum.

The Cathédrale Sainte-Cécile...it was my favorite cathedral of the many we saw during our three weeks in the south of France.


This entry reminds me of the Gaudi cathedral in Barcelona.

Can you see the gargoyles in a row near the top of the cathedral?



Beautiful statue of Sainte Cecile.

Some trompe l'oeuil, which this cathedral had everywhere.

The carvings are extraordinary!



A sweet shop window, and a view inside the door. Nope...as tempting as it was, we didn't even go inside.

A typical sight. I just love the shutters everywhere!

The museum was a fortress, and these are remnants of the fortifications...Probably extremely sharp and treacherous in the day (and maybe still!)


My ticket to ride - a canal boat, that is.


A little cutie on our canal boat.

Someone wanted the canal boat ride she is on here, wanted the cathedral chorale later, but fell asleep in each, and frequently as she was being chauffered around as well. I hope I haven't put you to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say this post is really miracles! Such as great pics posted here, had a great time in you blog! I promise my dear i will be back to this blog soon!


    Business Letters

    ReplyDelete