Friday, November 9, 2012

My colorful new dishes made me happy! The first time I used them was for a dinner with friends. They were so pretty I made place cards! It's nice to add a little beauty to everyday life.







For the place cards I used Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Red ink.
Dinner was good too, and the company was fun, as always.

----

Two other purchases with a lettering slant were this wooden sign in my windowsill



and this Celtic Birds Knot plaque from my favorite resale shop, reminiscent of the ones I saw when I was in Ireland several years ago.



I had a couple of successful days shopping. (I don't love shopping, and do it seldom, despite what my son and husband think!) The bad thing is that I only bought place settings for 6, thinking I could easily get two more later. I also failed to get cups. I went back to get those later (the day I settled for Cucina) and there were no pieces of the pattern left in any of the chain's Louisville stores. Sad me. Maybe they'll show up somewhere sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment