Ehhh. Messed up on the sink art booklet from the start. To glue the sink art rectangles to the Arches text wove, I used a jar of paste I found while straightening my studio. It looked perfect. I was happy to have found it. I thought it would be perfect for the project. Instead, even after weighting the booklet under heavy books for days, the pages were a little wavy. I guess that's why the jar had been hidden away.
Then the lettering. First I made it too legible and too tight. Then I tried to loosen up, then I tried to obscure it. Nothing was easy, and nothing was working.
Ehhh. Not happy with the progress. It may become collage papers - or trash. The words are a very personal poem I wrote in reference to my little brother's death. I wanted them to be hard to read. I didn't want to add color, but did so to help obscure. I did not do a good job of planning on this, and therein lay the problem. I was just trying to get it done, and it didn't work out well. I haven't even thought of a cover, and probably won't. I will do it over though after I've done more planning!
In my muse's defense, there have been a couple of other distractions this week. First, painting. Not me as artist (only peripherally), but me as homeowner. My living room, dining room and kitchen are a total mess right now. Two days of wallpaper removal (not counting the bit Steve did while I was in France), a day of primer coating, and today is the real final paint. Yay!!! I think the painter will finish today! I've wanted to do this for three years. When I bought this house it looked like a 'granny house'. Lots of floral wallpaper and border everywhere. Frilly frou-frou, which is not my style. The pink carpet was too good to get rid of, but too inappropriate to keep. Alas, it stays until next summer - according to my painter, it will be better to refinish the hardwood floors (currently hidden under the plush pinkness) in the summer. (We'll see. I do get impatient once I have a vision.)
The other project is wedding stuff. Placecard/seating cards. See photos on my wedding blog, but here is a photo of some cards in my drying rack.