Friday, August 10, 2012

Pointed Pen Uncial

A little something different from my usual pointed pen work. Because my nephew and his bride to be are having a (major!) Celtic theme to their wedding, I surprised them with an adapted Celtic lettering style for their envelopes. The pointed pen uncial that I used - and the mixed green gouache as the writing fluid - carried out their theme. The envelopes were yellow, so the green is not as vibrant as I'd hoped it would be, but I think it worked well anyway.



I thought Jennifer did a great job making their invitations by hand. She carried out the theme beautifully, and I loved the wrapping band and the pocket for enclosures. (I blurred ceremony and reception details here to maintain their privacy.)

I wonder what the appropriate Irish blessing would be? All I can think of is "Slainte!"

1 comment:

  1. I think your envelopes turned out very nicely along with everything else. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete